Monday, April 23, 2007

Catfish Crain

My father-in-law and I went trotline fishing this past weekend on Clarks' Hill Lake (aka Lake Strom Thurmond). It was pretty exciting to put in the lines Friday evening and wonder if we would have anything the next morning. Visions of catfish filled my dreams. When we came back early Saturday morning we had five catfish on the two lines we put out. The two beauties above are 4.5 pounds each. After filleting them we then breaded them in a cornmeal batter and deep-fried them to perfection. Nothing like catching your food, killing it, and then eating it!

2 Comments:

Blogger Wayne Larson said...

You'll have to go noodling next.

6:22 PM  
Blogger T. Chris said...

Hmm...that doesn't tempt me! I still want to keep all my fingers. I've heard of guys sticking their hands in holes only to have a finger bit off by a snapping turtle.

5:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home