Monday, August 07, 2006

Getting Settled


Things have been pretty hectic since I last blogged. For the month of July Nancy travelled to my parents or her parents to live while I stayed in Columbia, working at the school. Living apart was no fun. We saw one another on the weekends but that wasn't enough. By the end Eden made daddy feel special when she started crying and said she missed me and wanted to know when we'd be living together.


Well, two Saturdays ago we moved into our new home in Columbia, SC. We love it. We had the wood floors refinished and have been busy painting. Boxes are slowly being unpacked. The biggest beast has been the ceiling, which has taken forever because it is a very thick popcorn ceiling. I never knew how big a difference a bright ceiling could make but it does. In this photo you can the contrast between the edging I've done and the old paint job. We have a big yard with lots of trees. The kids are having a good time catching bugs and running around. Plus, I'm only 1/2 mile from the school!

1 Comments:

Blogger Wayne Larson said...

Welcome home, Chris.

8:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home